Saturday, December 5, 2009

I don't understand women who get late abortions when they found out early on they were pregnant

Like women who get abortions at 19, 22 weeks? (I live in California and you can have abortions up to 22 weeks out here most clinics, 24 at some clinics). And they found out at like, 4, 5, 6 weeks they were pregnant, then suddenly decide at 19, 20 weeks when the baby is halfway developed, therefore, according to people who believe abortion is fine, "halfway a person" (since a lot of people who think abortion is fine don't believe a fetus is a person too) that they want an abortion, that it's the best thing for them "and for the unborn". I am not anti-abortion, I believe that every woman deserves a choice, but I don't really feel it's necessary at this late stage, esp. when most of these women knew they were pregnant many weeks ago and decide to get an abortion NOW, when the baby is already very active inside them ad they probably can feel them moving? I would not be able to get an abortion at 19 weeks, when i feel my baby move inside me, and I am showing a little.



I don't understand women who get late abortions when they found out early on they were pregnant?home theater system



Some people don't care and are heartless. They feel since the baby was never born then its not murder. Only in serious life threatening cases would I feel its ok this late in the pregnancy. Other than that its wayyyyyyy to late to terminate.



I don't understand women who get late abortions when they found out early on they were pregnant?the grand theater opera theater



Circumstances change - maybe women discover the baby has down's syndrome or something - or they are no longer with the father. Am in no way endorsing abortions or getting rid of your baby because it has DS, but all cases are individual..
sad. =/
I think there are many answers to your question, but logically speaking, from my perspective, it's possible that a lot of the women you are talking about probably were unsure about what to do and needed time to think about it. It's a difficult decision to make in general, so making it quickly is that much more difficult. And because the clinics where you live allow it at 22 weeks, you can bet that some of these women say to themselves, hmm...I have until 22 weeks to make my decision so there is no rush. I can take my time and think about what I want to do.



Personally, I agree with you...I think around 7-8 weeks should be the max time to abort.
A fair number of those women had poor prenatal results. They don't often get that information until 18-20 weeks pregnant such as at their first major scan. I would also suspect that there are social and financial reasons as well. If you are living paycheck-to-paycheck, it's hard to come up with $500-800 for an abortion, especially if your partner is gone. Also, pregnancy is a time when abuse becomes more frequent.



It's the women who don't have any of these problems that mystify me. I can only assume that what Karla above said is true, that some women take a long time to make this important decision. However, the number is not that high as 80% of all abortions are done during the first 12 weeks.
all people are different and so are there situations

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter