Thursday, December 10, 2009

My credit card payment arrived one day late. I was charged $40. Can I get that back?

I mailed my payment 2 days before it was due. The check was cashed the day after the payment was due. They charged me a $40 fee and I got charged interest on that $40 (it's a zero interest card). Should I fight them or just let it be? It kind of made me mad that ONE day gets a late charge.



My credit card payment arrived one day late. I was charged $40. Can I get that back?chicago theater



You can call and dispute it if you'd like, but it depends on what kind of payment history you have with that company. If you have never missed a payment, then I would call and try to dispute it. If it's a zero percent interest card, and you get the payment there one day late, then they have the right to change your interest rate to whatever they choose. That's what's in the fine print. You miss a payment or it's late, your interest rate will change to the variable which is normally 17% or above depending on the card company.



I actually called a card company for my grandmother to ask them why she was charged a late fee on her card and they said it was because they received the payment one day late. I told them that she has an outstanding payment history and asked if the late charge could be taken off and they did it because of the fact she had an outstanding payment history.



Try calling and disputing it, you might just win. If you don't then do what you want from there. Good luck!



My credit card payment arrived one day late. I was charged $40. Can I get that back?met opera opera theater



1 day is late. If we do it your way what is the cutoff, 1 day oir two or maybe 5?
Probably not, they have set policies. Refer back to your initial agreement and there, in tiny print, there is probably a sentence that says that there will be a penalty for any late payment. That is what sucks about them!!!!!
Late is late? How late should they have waited to satisfy you? Someone else will expect one more day.



Mail it earlier, so it arrives before it is due.
yeah. sorry i can't help ya out. but do you have yahoo messengers. i tried to add you but i only get the questions you asked. do you know a way??? your the same age as me. you love animals too. i m an animal lover as well. i have 2 wonderful dogs.
Sure, just call them and apologize, but (if you can pay it off right away) tell them you would like to pay it off completely and cancel this card. Chances are, they'll waive the fee. I've done that myself a few time4s.
That's why credit card has due date, otherwise, people would send in the money anytime they please.



Everyone gets late fee if the payment is not received by the due date. You should send it in earlier. You can't rely on the post office that your mail will delivery in 2 days. That's impossible unless you sent express mail.



You're in the wrong. Threaten to cancel the card doesn't faze credit card company. If you're late with other company, would you cancel the card again? Be nice about it and perhaps they'll waive the late fee as a courtesy for the 1st time offender.
You were late, you pay the consequences.
I work for a major credit card company. I love it when people threaten to close the account because they're late and I refuse to waive late fee. Go ahead, cancel the card. There are million of other people who make payment on time. If you're nice about it, I probably would waive the late fee but if you're demanding, chances are you won't get it waived.



You're late. There is nothing to defend yourself.
If your cc card is through a local bank. Pay your bill at the bank. if this is done in the morning it usually will be credited to your account the same day . We all know how magnificient the postal system can be .
What did you expect?



Late is late is late period, it doe's not matter if it's 1 day or 1 hour after the close of the business day. It's still late.



You should always mail credit card payments at least 1 week before they are due.



And your right, we are not fun, credit is serious business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter