Saturday, December 5, 2009

Late period, could it be caused by antibiotics?

I am Caitlyn and have a question. I took birth control for almost 8yrs. I stopped taking it 2 yrs ago. I developed life threatening side effects. Since then my fiancee and I have been using condoms. My period was always regular, 29 day cycle. I know I have several cysts on my ovaries but my OBGYN said at this stage they are no concern. My last period was november 21st. I should have had my period on december19th but so far there is no sign of it. I had to take a course of three antibiotics about 2 weeks ago to prevent an infection after dental surgery. Usually I suffer from severe PMS (chocolate gravings, tender breasts, bloating, spotting before I get my period). I have none of this so far, I just need to go to the toilet a lot more. I did a pregnancy test and it was negative. Could my period be delayed due to the antibiotics? My OBGYN is closed until January 14th, so I dont know what to do. My fiancee and his mum are getting excited. How reliable are pregnancy tests?



Late period, could it be caused by antibiotics?say yes



Chances are not the antibiotics. In fact, recent research is showing no correlation with pregnancy while on BC pills %26amp; antibiotics. Could just be stress of life.



RN

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter