Saturday, December 5, 2009

What's the best excuse for being late for work?

I arrived on time this morning and it was so not worth it! Fancy being late tomorrow, anyone got a good idea for a really good, imaginative excuse?



What's the best excuse for being late for work?ballet theater



Sorry I'm not late I'm early for tomorrow



Oh you meant 9:00 TODAY........!



Yeah see, I couldn't be bothered to walk the dog, so I had to wait for him to walk him self....



My breakfast was late



Boring ones:



Lost keys to car



Woke up late



Traffic



Tube/train broke down



What's the best excuse for being late for work?chicago theater opera theaterI was late because I drove by a gas station and the sign said "clean restrooms", so I stopped and cleaned them. Report It


Tell them that your alarm clock didnt go off and that you overslept.
i said a car was blocking my driveway and couldn't get out
Honesty.



Tell them you will be a couple hours late, you have some personal business to take care of.
You had Keith Chegwin at your door with a big cheque, but he was at the wrong house so he held you up.
A water pipe in your kitchen burst, in the middle of the night, you had to turn the water off. The plumber took hours to get there and you couldnt shower until they arrived and fixed the problem. You have had a terrible morning and would appreciate it if everyone would leave you alone for the day.
I used to have to drive south on the M42 to get to work and one day I was stuck behind a large accident for 4 hours. I didn't get to work till after 12.00, which wasn't my idea of fun. You could try that one, or say you need to get the RAC to start your car? (Sorry if you don't drive!)
say you had diarrhoea, couldn't get off the toilet
the dog ate your homework
Tell the truth. I used to be a boss in a nightclub and was forever laying people off for phoning in with crap excuses. I preferred someone who was honest. I had a girl call up one day saying she was tired since she'd been out the night before and couldn't be bothered coming in. I have a lot more respect for her than for people who put on an ill voice / cough or worst of all get someone else to phone for them.
Urgent phone call from home just as you were about to leave the house - or blocked in by idiot whom you couldn't find for a while to get to move (if you drive). Witnessed an accident and had to give details as potential witness (sometimes the more outlandish the more likely it is to be believed)
My girlfriend once said that the pipes in the flat above her burst and water was coming through the ceiling, which is why she was over 1 hour late for work, whilst she was cleaning the mess. Her boss, said that in such a case, then she shouldn't have bothered coming in it all and should have taken the day off.
"I didn't leave on time." No sense in lying, because nothing's going to get you out of it.
Tell them you had a job interview, and you just COULDN'T be late for that...



that should take care of it.
the toilet overflowed
Next time, ask the day before. Say you have some errands you have to run, and that you aren't especially busy. Offer to do some time compensation or remind them of overtime already had.
Tell them you ran over your goldfish and you were so upset you had to go and compose yourself hence the reason you were late.
why dont you just sleep earlier, wake up earlier, so that you wouldn't have such a hard time getting there? if you make excuses every single day, i guess your boss would probably know it already that you're lying.
Wow 2legsmalone, I'd love to work for you. That way I could just call you up and say I couldn't be bothered to come in and expect nothing but respect for you! God forbid I have a real reason for being late though, you know, like your pet dying and having to arrange for the body to be moved (actually happened)!!!
tell them you had a panic attack and had to go to casualty.The doctor said it was bought on by stress and worry about being late for work.Thing is your boss is not allowed to check,patient confidentiality,and will feel so sorry for you that he will probably turn a blind eye to your next late attendance. Especially if you carry a brown paper bag and shake slightly.! :)
say you ran over the cat and had to scrape it of the drive![bet ya some sad git without a sense of hummer is gona moan about my answer]
tell them you interviewing for a job that will put them into mind fk
Say you saw an accident and stopped by to help

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobility scooter